Hello Lashes recognises the importance of protecting the privacy of our customers and other third parties who provide their personal information to us.
Personal information we collect
When used in this policy, “personal information” has the meaning given to that term in the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) for our Australian operations and the Privacy Act 1993 for our New Zealand operations. Personal information generally includes any information that can be used to personally identify you.
The personal information we collect from you is what is reasonably necessary for our business functions. We may collect the following types of personal information from you:
- residential or business address;
- email address;
- age and date of birth;
- telephone number;
- proof of identity, such as your drivers licence or passport number;
- a photograph or video surveillance recording of you if you are physically present in our stores;
- if you are a candidate for employment, we may collect other information as further set out in our application forms or during the recruitment process. This may include information relating to your employment history, working eligibility rights, suitability for the role you are applying for, and your referee details
We may also collect information from you that is not personal information because it does not identify you personally. This information is normally retained with your personal information and may include:
- your shopping preferences and a list of products and services you have purchased from Hello Lashes. This may include your shopping history, product types, departments, specifications, sizes, dimensions, colours, occasion date, or other attributes of products and services we have provided to you or may provide to you in the future;
- information we require to deliver, service or fulfil warranty obligations for products or services;
- your marketing preferences, including the type of marketing materials you wish to receive and the method of delivery (email, SMS, direct mail, or other);
- if you are a member of our loyalty program, your membership number, transaction history, account preferences, and reward redemption history for loyalty program rewards or services;
- information you provide to us via our customer service centre, website, application forms, or directly to team members within our stores in relation to our products and services;
- device identification information when you use a computer, mobile phone, smart phone, tablet, or other device to access our WIFI service or interact with us through our online store (www.lockslash.com.au). This information may include session cookies, your device IMEI number, IP address or MAC address; and
- information collected via our secure payment processing systems.
Purpose of collection of your personal information
We collect your personal information for the primary purpose of being able to sell and promote our products to you. In addition we collect your personal information so that we can carry out the following actions (each a Purpose):
- to provide you with products and services that you have requested from us;
- to communicate with you, including about products and services, competition results, special offers, and events which might interest you;
- to answer your questions and provide you with information or advice;
- to interact with you via social media and digital marketing;
- to create orders, transaction records, agreements for the sale of products or services, accounts, tax invoices or receipts;
- if you are a loyalty program member, to service your loyalty account, fulfill redemptions, and to provide rewards and special offers to you in accordance with the terms of our loyalty program;
- provide your personal information to third parties that assist us in providing products and services you have requested, such as delivery service providers and fulfillment managers;
- carry out administration, marketing, planning, fraud and loss prevention activities, procurement, product and service development, quality control and research to improve the way Hello Lashes and its related bodies corporate and service providers provide products and services to you;
- to consider and respond to complaints made by you;
- to comply with laws or regulations or to comply with any directions given by regulators or authorities; or
- if you are a candidate for employment, to assess your suitability for a position at Hello Lashes
If we are unable to collect your personal information
If we are unable to collect your personal information, some or all of the following may occur:
- we may be unable to provide products or services to you, to the requested standard or at all;
- we may be unable to communicate with you to provide information about products and services that you have purchased from us, or may intend to purchase in the future;
- we may be unable to tailor the content of our marketing communications to suit your preferences;
- your experience when interacting with us may be delayed or not as efficient as you may expect; or
- if you are a candidate for employment, we may not be able to process your application for a position at Hello Lashes
Pseudonyms and anonymity
We will endeavor to only take information from you which is reasonably necessary for our business functions. If you send us personal information that we have not requested, or we determine that the personal information you have provided to us is not reasonably necessary or directly related to any of our business functions or activities, we may de-identify or delete this information without notifying you to protect your privacy.
How we collect your personal information
Normally we collect information from you directly, unless it is unreasonable or impracticable to do so.
Collection of your personal information can occur through the following interactions:
- when you join our loyalty program both within Australia and New Zealand;
- when you register with us by creating an account or subscribe to our marketing programs;
- when you access and use our website or WiFi services, or interact with us via social media or digital media;
- when you provide information to our team members;
- when you complete purchase orders, registrations, requests or applications for our products or services (by phone, in person or electronically);
- when you communicate with us directly (by email, telephone, direct mail or any other means);
- when you interact with us during promotions, competitions, special events, or by using devices within our stores; or
- if you are a candidate for employment, when you complete forms in relation to the recruitment and selection process, for the purpose of assessment.
We may also collect personal information about you from the following third parties:
- retail brands and suppliers who provide goods and services within our stores. This may include beauty, fashion, electrical, homewares and other suppliers who provide products and services to you on our behalf;
- credit reporting agencies and related entities when you apply for ZipPay; and
- if you are a candidate for employment, we may collect information about you from your nominated referees, where you have authorized us to do so.
How we hold your personal information
We may hold your personal information in either electronic or hard copy form. If you provide information to us electronically we retain this information in our computer systems and databases. This includes computer software programs, internet servers, and hosted internet solutions provided by third parties. If you provide information to us in hard copy (paper) this information is normally retained in our files and a copy is made to our electronic files.
We use industry-standard security measures to safeguard and protect your information. This includes taking reasonable steps to ensure your personal information is protected from misuse, loss, unauthorized access, modification or disclosure.
Disclosure of your personal information
Your personal information may be disclosed in connection with any Purpose to any of the following:
- our employees, contractors or service providers, to the extent reasonably necessary to fulfill our obligations to you. This may include internet service providers, IT systems administrators, mailing houses, couriers, payment processors, and data entry service providers;
- retail brands and suppliers who provide goods and services within our stores. This may include beauty, fashion, electricals, homewares and other suppliers who provide products and services to you on our behalf;
- our business advisors, including lawyers, accountants or other professional service providers, to the extent, reasonably required;
- our loyalty program partners, suppliers and service providers;
- suppliers and other third parties with whom we have commercial relationships, for business, marketing, and related purposes;
- any of our related Australian and New Zealand entities;
- if you are a candidate for an employment position involving a third party with whom we have an agreement, to that third party to assess your application;
- if required by law, to any person authorized by such law. This may include the police service, ambulance service, or government departments or regulators within Australia or New Zealand in connection with law enforcement activities; and
- for any other purpose permitted by law.
We may send you direct marketing communications and information about products and services offered by us or our retail brands, partners or suppliers via the channels you have nominated. This may include but is not limited to, email, SMS, regular mail, social media, and other digital channels. If you have indicated a preference for a method of communication, we will endeavor to use that method wherever practical to do so. You may opt-out of receiving marketing communications at any time by responding via the channel in which you received the marketing communication, or by contacting us (see contact information below). You can unsubscribe from emails by clicking the unsubscribe link on the footer of the email communication you have received. You may also update your personal information by editing your online profile. You may also receive marketing communications by post, email, SMS, direct and digital channels from our retail brands, partners and suppliers who provide goods and services within our stores, but this will only occur where you have requested that type of information from us or from a third party within our stores. We do not provide your personal information to any other organizations for the purposes of direct marketing.
How you may access your information
You may access your personal information (where it is held online) by logging in to our website at www.hello-lashes.com.au.
You may also access your personal information held by Hello Lashes by making a request to us.
following this link to our contact.
This Policy may change from time to time and is available on our website.
6A Atkinson St, Liverpool, NSW, 2170, AU